Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Twist the bottle, not the cork?


This is partly a pep talk to myself, as I prepare to work the joy that is New Year's Eve in a fine dining restaurant. A nine course tasting menu sans designated seating times...I'll try to maintain my sanity with a secret stash of sparkling wine, to be sipped at regular intervals with a straw. That way, if the timing's off, if the food is cold, if I drip too many drops of red wine on the white table cloths, I'll be too buzzed on bubbly to mind too much.

Here's hoping that the tips are generous, the people are gracious and that come midnight, I won't be aiming any champagne bottles at anyone's eye. Wishing a prosperous and joy-filled 2009 for all.

1 comment:

Errant Gosling said...

I hope your survived well and that the tips were as large as they should be. Last night was a rough night to do what you do. Cheers, and happy new year!